Thursday, February 9, 2012

Can you help me find an old article on emerging clean nuclear technologies?

I'm horrible with time- it may have been 5-10 years ago. I think it was in Popular Science or Popular Mechanics. The article discussed 3 different technologies- mostly in a positive light- that were new ways of thinking and not yet in practice I believe. Thank you.Can you help me find an old article on emerging clean nuclear technologies?
I didn't find the article, but I thought that one of the technologies might be the pebble bed reactor. I think it works by using 'pebbles' of fuel that can't form a critical mass and that, therefore, won't melt down. Anyways, I found an article in Wired that might cover some of the same ground - hope it's helpful.



Also, there were a number of people recalling a Popular Science article from about 2000 - 2001 that wrote about the PBR - perhaps that's the one you really want. Maybe you can find it with help from a librarian at a local library if the magazine doesn't have it on-line someplace?

No comments:

Post a Comment